Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why was it so hard for me to decide in the first place?

Things are going great in Xizhi. My first transfer only has 1 week left, ahhh, crazy! But I love it here and we are building some good relationships with our investigators.

We set a baptismal date for Yan mama (whose in her 30's, but we call her mama) and her 10 yr old son, Matt for Nov 11. They are awesome! Although the don't have much background in Christianity, they are so willing and just so... good! She talked about how hard the Book of Mormon was to understand, and we thought she wasn't really reading. But, we got with her last night and she has been reading for almost 30min everynight and is done with 1Nephi. WOW, blew our minds.
We are also working with Chen Shu Hui, and we are trying to get her to realize that there are a lot of different religions out there, but there is one truth. Sure is searching for satisfaction and reads tons of books. We had an awesome lesson the other day and testified and promised that if she read everyday and prayed, that she would receive a witness... we are praying for her!

Tonight is our Evaluation night for our english class, which means: big Halloween Party! It should be fun. Every 6th week we do a fun activity for Evaluation night.

We went on exchanges yesterday... my companion Sister Teh went to Sanchong and I stayed in Xizhi. So, me, the trainee, was senior companion for 24 hrs and it was interesting! I was nervous to lead in the city because I'm not too good with my sense of direction (we all know) and to decide where we were going to go... but it worked out! I think it built my confidence a lot. And I found out that contacting with a white skinned American is a lot different... people actually want to talk to us! Haha, when Sister Teh and I contact, they see us two ABC's that look like we are from Taiwan, but sound like we... have guai guai de kouyin's (strange accents). But it is fun to ask someone, "how are you?" and they get very taken aback that I speak English so.. naturally.

I know this church is true and I am so glad that I made the decision to come out on a mission. Why was it so hard for me to decide in the first place?? I have learned so much, and it makes me so happy to help the Lord in this work.

No comments: