Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Keeping up with the work

Things are going here. We are keeping up our faith and working hard and doing a lot of reactivating in the area. The thing with Taiwan is that there are sooo many people that go inactive, its pretty sad. When we look at the ward list, we don't know who the majority of the members are because they've gone inactive...
But we are finding some people to teach. Kinda of funny, but we have started to get to know members' (only member in the family) moms. We have started to teach two of them who really respect the church because their daughter is a member, but haven't really learned about it. And I called a former investigator from our Area book (from 2006!) and she was willing to meet. Well, we met with her yesterday and she says that before she wasn't really ready to believe, but then she's felt more inclined to study more about God, and well, that's when she received our call! She's got a lot of potential, she's super sweet and super tiny (probably the size of Aunt Ivy, but in her 20's) so we are excited for her because she really has a desire to learn.
I'm really learning a lot about myself this transfer, its amazing what a mission can do. I'm learning that everything has a purpose... our companion, our area, everything. This church is so true and I love being able to read the scriptures every morning and to grow closer to my Savior. This morming I read Helaman 3:29-30, about how the word of God has the power to protect us from Satan's evil influences. The Book of Mormon has so much power! You can read "Because my father read the Book of Mormon" from this past conference.
Things are going good here. I'm really trying to get my chinese to progress and starting to focus more on reading the book of Mormon in Chinese. There is so much to do with so little time! I'm already over a third done with my mission, ahh!

No comments: