Sunday, December 7, 2008

Transfers (and a cute haircut!)



Okay, well, we got move calls and I'm in a place called ShuangHe right now. Its really two areas- Yonghe and Zhonghe, and in the church they call it Shuanghe. I'm really sad about leaving Xizhi, I really loved it over there and I'm going to miss it a lot. Ding Jie Mei passed her baptismal interview! She is getting baptized on Saturday, and I don't know if I'll be able to go :( But this week has been really good. We have been meeting with Yan Jiemei and her son, Lin yi pin, and they have grown so much since they have started meeting with us and coming to church. They have started to recognize the blessings of the gospel and their testimonies are growing stronger and stronger. They will definitely be baptized this next transfer... but I won't be there :(
But its okay! I'm here in my second area, with Sister Pitts, from Nevada, who has almost been on the island for a year now. She is very different from me, tall, blonde, and very quiet... but it will be a good experience to learn from her and work with her. This area is nothing like Xizhi... they tell me its the most densely populated part of the world, apart from a place in India. There are huge buildings everywhere and just tons and tons of people. Ahh! It will take some getting used to. I loved Xizhi and its beautiful scenery and quiet atmosphere. Anyways, I'm looking forward to working hard and starting fresh.

Cool story: Sister Teh and I were riding our bikes yesterday and we were stopped at a stop light when the couple Sister Teh was talking to agreed to stop so they could get a pamphlet. Well she asked them when they had time to meet, and then they said, "Well, now would be good." So we rode over to the chapel and had a lesson about prayer and about how we can directly talk with God. It was a really cool experience and it was awesome to share with them that they could have their frustrations and pains taken away when they prayed.

No comments: