Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello from Sister Chang!

Time is really short today because these computers are working at the pace of... dehydrated camels and are taking forever to load. Therefore I only have a few minutes to tell you about the wonderful things I am learning and doing.
MTC life is great. I have 2 companions, Sister Fisher from London and Sister Son from South Korea. We have so much fun together and we are learning how to work together as a companionship.

Bro Hodges (our chinese teacher who also served in Taipei), Sis. Son, me and Sis. Fisher

We have a lot of class, and do a lot of gospel discussion and Chinese study. They teach us the speaking part of Chinese and concentrate on having us learn how to communicate. We learned to pray and bear testimony before anything and learning some other tidbits on the way.
I've memorized Joseph Smith's First vision, 1 Nephi 3:7, and James 1:5 in Chinese, and its coming. I love speaking and we are doing a lot of SYL- speak your language and pretty soon everyting will be in Chinese.

I love this gospel! I love the Book of Mormon. There is so much power is reading the Book of Mormon with a purpose. I encourage all of you to do the same and decide that you are going to get something out of it before you begin your study. And always begin with a prayer.

No comments: